Triggered waveform(s)

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
wa4557

Triggered waveform(s)

Post by wa4557 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got a red pitaya and I think it's areally great device.

One thing however that I'm asking myself, what's the best way to implement a triggered pulse-generation (preferably multiple different pulses). Is there some kind of hardware interrupt that triggers an event if a digital pin detects a rising edge, just like on the arduino? Is this something that has to be done on the FPGA-level, or can this be done using the C-controller code?

Thanks for any help

Nils Roos

Re: Triggered waveform(s)

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:17 pm

At the moment the GPIOs of the expansion connector have no interrupt capability. Without tinkering with the FPGA and writing a driver to support the interrupt, you are stuck with polling from your application.

Which is not too bad, unless you want to achieve really high speed / low latency (for values >20Mhz / <100ns of really high).

Interrupts and the corresponding driver support are on my list of things to do to the RedPitaya, so you may want to check the ongoing projects forum from time to time.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie