Serial port analyser

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
silverk

Serial port analyser

Post by silverk » Sun May 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi

Currently I have not found any application where redpitaya is used as serial port analyser (for RS 232C in particular). Is there any?

capgi69@numericable.fr

Re: Serial port analyser

Post by capgi69@numericable.fr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:52 pm

I plan to work on a simple protocol analyser with the red pitaya.
For instance I send lot of time to acquire some knowledge about development environement.
Since 1 or to Month, i hope to release some works.

Mickae1

Post by Mickae1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 am

Any news?

sirtet

Post by sirtet » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Since a few years, the Logic Analyser can decode serial.

But i was hoping Red Pitaya could do it not only on TTL Logic levels, but also +-15V RS232.
It would be cool if either the analog inputs could be used in the logic analyser or if there was a separate app for decoding serial data on the analog lines.
I guess it could be an extension to the oscilloscope, that trys to decode if the signal looks like some serial line.
As the Oscilloscope App is there, and the decoder from the analyser, how much work could it be to combine the two?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts. I think that is a good idea and since Red Pitaya is constantly evolving and we use feedback from our community to inform ways to improve our awesome device, I’ve passed your note along to our product software and hardware developing teams for future consideration.
At the same time, I would like to mention that for larger orders, we can allocate some development resources to make changes as a customisation service for you. This would be done according to your project needs and by your specifications and this is a paid service that we can offer. In the case you are interested please let me know with an email to support@redpitaya.com.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:17 pm

We have this on the improvements list for a long time. It may seem as a simple problem but it is actually quite a challenge. We would need to combine two different FPGA images into one and also make proper synchronization between analog and digital parts. Until we will have the resources to implement it we can only suggest the use of regular available converters from RS232 to TTL, they quite affordable.

acelectric103

Post by acelectric103 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 am

silverk wrote:
Sun May 31, 2015 12:28 pm
Hi

Currently I have not found any application where redpitaya is used as serial port analyser (for RS 232C in particular). Is there any?
I am not clear about it.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:47 pm

What is your particular project? You could probably use a lot of devices as a rs232 serial analyzer but I do not know of any that is as fast as Red Pitaya.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie