vibration testing

Tell us how your experiment is running with Red Pitaya
theampatz

vibration testing

Post by theampatz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:14 am

Hello!

I just joined the forum! Very interesting stuff in here!!

I am studying in cranfield university and my main project is to setup a vibration testing apparatus and I read about red pitaya. The plan is to generate a signal to "feed" the shaker (a sine wave is good enough for starters) and acquire the data produced by 3 accelerometers. I am expecting vibrations of 3k Hz top.

The past years I have been using heavy machinery and the electronics courses weren't ones of my favourites. So, I would be very grateful if anyone had any advice!!

Thank you!! I'm sure I will have fun in this forum!!

Fanis!

Crt Valentincic

Re: vibration testing

Post by Crt Valentincic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:15 pm

I am not very familiar vibration testing systems, but I guess that you have some sort of actuator that will produce vibrations and 3 accelerometers that will monitor the response. Excitation signal can be simply generated by using generate command line utility or scope+gen WEB application. Both are explained in user manual that is available on our wiki: http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?tit ... pplication. Accelerometers reading depends on their output interface, if it is analogue you could use 3 slow analogue inputs available on the extension connector that can sample up to 100kHz. There are also several digital interfaces available like I2C, SPI or UART.

theampatz

Post by theampatz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Thank you very much! I will have a talk with my supervisor and if I have any news I will let you all know!!

Marc21

Post by Marc21 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 am

I have been working a project very similar for the past three years.

Do you need help with components or ????

Shoot me a little more info and maybe I can help. I my self am trying to develop/ find/ adapt a system that I generate a signal send through control module that looks at outgoing signal and return and automatically adjusts the amplitude (adds or takes away power to achieve Compression or control) There is an amplifier, O scope, control module accelerometer and dielectric mount to avoid any Surface noise entering the signal line. We are also using fiber optic links to avoid picking up RF noise from Process machinery.

The System works well, I'm just trying to use the RED PITAYA for Signal, O-scope and control mechanism.

Let me know If I can help with suppliers or whatever.

Marc

theampatz

Post by theampatz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Marc!

Thank you very much for your answer!

Our system consists of a small shaker with integrated amplifier, which the only thing that needs is the excitation signal. On the specimen there will be an impedance head, which is 2-in-1 transducer, measuring force and acceleration, so 2 signals output. Also, there will be a simple 1-axis accelerometer glued on the specimen. So, I was hoping to use red pitaya both as a signal generator and oscilloscope for the 3 inputs. My main concerns is that I am interested in ~3000Hz, which is quite high, I guess, and, also, my lack of previous experience in this sector, as I have always been the one building the specimens...

Best regards,
Fanis!

Crt Valentincic

Post by Crt Valentincic » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 am

3kHz isn't very high frequency. Such signal could be generated using fast analog outputs or even slow analogue outputs available at extension connector.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie