Newb to function generation and measurements

Tell us how your experiment is running with Red Pitaya
fossum_13

Newb to function generation and measurements

Post by fossum_13 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 pm

I'm quite new to hardware and I'm neck deep in a project I have yet to fully grasp, but this new measuring device has helped a lot. Now I need more from it and I don't know how to get it.

1st) How do I save a measurement for use in the function generator

2nd) Once I have a function to generate, how do I amplify it for use in a circuit? I mean this only outputs 1Vpp!!!

Crt Valentincic

Re: Newb to function generation and measurements

Post by Crt Valentincic » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 am

1. Scope+gen WEB application has a feature that enables user to generate custom waveform.
Example how to use this feature can be found here: Signal generator application user manual
2. There are several amplifiers/actuators available on the market, but I cannot propose a solution
since I don't know what are the exact requirements (power, voltage range, bandwidth,..).

fossum_13

Re: Newb to function generation and measurements

Post by fossum_13 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:10 pm

I hate to bring up an old question, but I also am quite the newb to this high tech measuring and generation. I am posting to try and get an idea of what I need for an amplifier. Although I don't know what the last poster needed, I do know within the ballpark of my needs. I'm making sensors for my motorcycle and I need to reproduce all the different electrical signals onboard. Got any ideas for the specs below commercial or DIY?

Voltage: -10 to 20 (30 tops)
Amps: Usually quite small as it doesn't power lights or anything (~.5 amps?).
Bandwidth: I'd like to match the Pitayas 10MHz if possible

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie