Acquire+generate function in labview

Tell us how your experiment is running with Red Pitaya
WouterS

Acquire+generate function in labview

Post by WouterS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:34 am

Hi everyone

Does anoyone knows how you get the acquire function running (by using -c 'calibrate') in labview so its directly converted to voltage and not samples. Because i found a program that calculates it by using the amount of bits and then converts it to voltage, but if you use the -c command you automaticaly convert it to voltage.

And another question: Is it possible to upload a .csv file to the red pitaya to generate a signal.Not using the web application 'upload a file' but by using labview.

Any hints on the command line or how i do this, cause i really have no clue about this :?

Kind Regards

Wouter

edgo

Re: Acquire+generate function in labview

Post by edgo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Wouter,

First you would need to use the calibration-aware version of acquire that I put together:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=362

I'm guessing that your LabVIEW code calls plink and acquire via the command line ... you would need to add '-c' to that command line call given to LabVIEW. Then acquire would give you voltages.

Generating a signal from csv file using LabVIEW, I think you would need to modify the generate command line utility to do that.

WouterS

Post by WouterS » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi there

Yes i've used the -c command and that works. Al i have to do now is find a way to plot it with the time, only had 1 semester of basic 'programming' in labview :(

Any idea how to modifiy the comand line for the generate utlity? :oops:

Thanks

Wouter

edgo

Post by edgo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Wouter,

Are you using the LabVIEW example from Guillaume? If not, then you should google "labview red pitaya" and start from there "Acquire function call from LabView example"

Modifying generate: well, goto wiki.redpitaya.com -> Developer Guide ... and then:

Setting up development environment
Modifying the Red Pitaya tools

Maybe for an initial attempt you might scp the csv file to /tmp and have generate read it from there, don't know what you have in mind.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie