Real time control with Red Pitaya.... possible?

Just about everything about everything else
Forum rules
Be nice to others.
rtarb41323

Real time control with Red Pitaya.... possible?

Post by rtarb41323 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Greetings All! My apologies if this question has been answered before - I'm having trouble getting the forum search function to work on the term "real time".

--> Is it possible/feasible to get the Red Pitaya to work in a real time fashion?
I.E. sample the ADCs, do calculations, and then output a result on either a D/A channel or a PWM-type channel, all in a 100kHz loop? (the loop rate can be hashed out later, if 100kHz is too fast).

It seems that the FPGA would be plenty fast to do something like this, but doing this with Python would not be feasible (Python is too slow/not deterministic).

Just asking as a mental thought experiment.

-R

daherg

Re: Real time control with Red Pitaya.... possible?

Post by daherg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Hello,
I'm searching for the same answer.
Python and Matlab are too slow.
Have you found a solution for that?
Thank you in advance,
GD

November_SSN

Post by November_SSN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Following because I'm interested in the answer as well. Python has let me down more than once, and other options don't seem much better...

rtarb41323

Post by rtarb41323 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Just bumping this thread again, in light of the news that the 250-12 is currently in preorder!

--> One of the new features of the 250-12 states that is capable of more real-time processing due to the bigger FPGA. I'm curious - what exactly does this mean? I'd love to know!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie