Streaming to GPIO

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
sforbord

Streaming to GPIO

Post by sforbord » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 am

Hello,
I wish to use the Red Pitaya to repeatedly send a predefined pattern to GPIO ports when triggered externally.
Have tried making C-program on the Zynq, polling the trigger line and then setting GPIO pattern, but this gives of course to much jitter, so it must be performed in the FPGA code.
According to https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... b-projects, the stream-app project support streaming of GPIO, but we find no SW examples of that.

So my question is, can anyone supply SW examples of streaming to GPIO ports controlled by a trigger signal using any of the available FPGA images?

Thank you

juretrn

Re: Streaming to GPIO

Post by juretrn » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:35 pm

Hi,

currently released FPGA does not yet support GPIO streaming, and neither does the streaming application.

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Having more information about the requirements of this project would help to better understand its feasibility. What is the maximum length of the pattern? What is the minimum time between entries in the pattern? How many GPIO pins are used?

sforbord

Post by sforbord » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Thank you for answering
The requirements for the project is: Maximum length of pattern is 1ms, minimum 1 us resolution and minimum 8 digital output channels (but only two state changes pr channel pr sequence), the pattern shall be triggered externally

sforbord

Post by sforbord » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:39 pm

I found a solution to this by doing a small modification to this project: https://github.com/im-pro-at/lithpulser.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie