SCPI commands changed/not working in 0.94

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Concept

SCPI commands changed/not working in 0.94

Post by Concept » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi Red Pitaya Team,

I created an implementation of the Red Pitaya based on the first SCPI server.
With the latest release we found that various things are not working as expected. Some are due to command changes like the following example:

"SOUR#:BURS:STAT ON/OFF" is now "SOUR#:BURS:STAT CONTINUOUS/BURST/STREAM"

Due to that also your examples are not working as expected.
Other observations on the signal generator side are:

"SOUR:TRIG:SOUR INT" now not only sets the trigger to internal but also changes the generator state from "BURST" to "CONTINUOUS" which is a problem.
"SOUR:TRIG:IMM" seems not to work at all.

Also the previously present "OSC:..." commands are missing.
This brings some problems for people who would like to use the "ACQ:" commands as the trigger mode can not be changed from "AUTO" to "SINGLE" or "NORMAL" which makes setting a trigger source redundant as it will trigger all the time anyhow.

I simply added those back in for myself, however, if that is not done the trigger mode needs to be set by different meanings like the scope app.
( that caused my previous forum entry, as I assumed for SCPI the trigger mode would always be set to Normal per default).

Is there any plan on updating the command documentation/examples and fixing this issues?

Thanks a lot!
Hans

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie