Remote debugging does not work

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
fitschi88

Remote debugging does not work

Post by fitschi88 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi guys,

I think other people have had that problem but I could not find an answer. I am working with Ubuntu 15.10 and followed all the instructions to set up the remote debugging. In the step to make the file system writable (ssh root@192.168.178.45 rw (change to your pitayas' ip!)) I get the following message:

bash: rw: command not found

GDBserver i copied manually into the filesystem. I can not find the error. I would be great full for any suggestions. The remote connection works perfect. That is the console output of the debugging:

Last login: Wed Nov 18 01:20:03 2015 from usuario-pc
echo $PWD'>'
chmod 777 /tmp/generate;gdbserver :2345 /tmp/generate;exit
redpitaya> echo $PWD'>'
/root>
redpitaya> chmod 777 /tmp/generate;gdbserver :2345 /tmp/generate;exit
Process /tmp/generate created; pid = 1532
Cannot exec /tmp/generate: No such file or directory.

Child exited with status 127
No program to debug. GDBserver exiting.
logout

Nils Roos

Re: Start the debug

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

The documentation is currently being revised for the 0.94 ecosystem, so it would be important to know which ecosystem you are running on the Red Pitaya and which instructions you have been following.

The error message you posted basically says that the gdb-server was not able to start your application. This could mean that it was not transmitted to the Red Pitaya successfully, or that there is something wrong with the application. can you start the application on the Red Pitaya in a shell ?

fitschi88

Re: Remote debugging does not work

Post by fitschi88 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello Nils,

thank you for your fast reply. I am using the Ecosystem version 0.94. I followed the following instructions:

http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?tit ... _for_Linux

For which ecosystem version is the documentation ment to be? Connecting remotely via ssh to the RedPitaya and downloading the RedPitaya repository to the redPitaya I can run the generate code. What other suggestions might there be?

Thank you very much

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm

The instructions under that link are for <=0.93 . Since then, the platform architecture has changed from soft-float to hard-float, with the consequence that applications built for a soft-float platform can't be run. For 0.94 you should install the linaro version described in the repo and configure eclipse to use that.
downloading the RedPitaya repository to the redPitaya I can run the generate code.
I assume what you actually did run was the precompiled generate.

fitschi88

Post by fitschi88 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello,

Nils stated the Problem right. So for the 0.94 Operating system I changed the following.

1.) cross-compiler: https://releases.linaro.org/14.11/compo ... ihf.tar.xz

unzip in: /opt/linaro

2.)set variables accordingly at end of file: sudo gedit /etc/bash.bashrc :

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/linaro/gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin

export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

3.) In eclipse set C/C++ Build debugger:

build command: make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- clean all

4.) In eclipse debug configurations. set gdb debugger:

/opt/linaro/gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gdb

Those steps are of course not 100% complete but helped in my case.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie