SCPI readme offline

Post by enllobu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi all, i can´t access to

http://redpitaya.com/testing-readme/scp ... /README.md

Anyone has the document?

Nils Roos

Re: SCPI readme offline

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:53 pm

From the github repo. Is that what you are looking for ?

enllobu

Post by enllobu » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Well.. that´s the document i need, but it doesn´t tell me much more that i already know.

Do you know how can i adquire one sample of the slow ADC, using the scpi server via the putty console?

I want create an app for getting the samples of thouse ADC but with matlab gives me only a sample rate of 4-5 Hz, too slow for me, and i want to try it without the query command, but i dont know how can i connect to the scpi server, only using the linux console.

smwright

Post by smwright » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:06 am

Also very interested in the answer to this. The tech specs list 100k Sa/sec for the slow ADC, but there are no examples that show you how to do anything like this.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi guys,

Slow ADC has 100kS/s but you must be aware that you can only read the register which is rewritten by slow ADC at 100kS/s rate.
Now reading this register which contains the ADC value is done by some API and the maximum reading rate is dependent on the whole system i.e when the code (for reading slow ADC register) will be executed.

If you go on C level, you can achieve faster reading (kS/s) of the slow ADC register,
with SCPI (which execution is much slower then APIs/C ) you can have reading rate about few samples per second.

If you want to have 100kS/s on slow ADC you will need to move from register to buffer, and then when ADC fills up the buffer you can read it.
(Same as is done with RF inputs)

Best,RP

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:35 pm

If you want to have 100kS/s on slow ADC you will need to move from register to buffer
I don't see why reading the ADC value from a single register should be any slower than reading from a buffer. The transfer is done over the same channel in either case. Or is the XADC now mapped to a different (much slower) interface than the rest of the memory mapped fpga registers ?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie