Generator and Spectrum Analyzer

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Bulova

Generator and Spectrum Analyzer

Post by Bulova » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi,

is there any possibility to run the generator and the Spectrum Analyzer simultaneously? I have the scope and the generator, but no spectrum analyzer and the generator. As there is no possibility to measure distortion, it would be good to have that capability.

Dieter

Nils Roos

Re: Generator and Spectrum Analyzer

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:24 pm

The bazaar infrastructure does not support running more than one application at a time. In fact, when an app is started, any app that might be running will be stopped before the new app is loaded.

On the hardware side, it's not possible to have two apps simultaneously use the same hardware-resource.

It is possible to write an app that eg. uses channel A for oscilloscope and channel B for spectrum, or uses the sampled data for the oscilloscope and also for the spectrum analyer. But it has to be a single app that is loaded in the bazaar and takes possession of the sampling module.

edit: I misunderstood your question initially. Combining the spectrum analyzer with the generator into one app should be possible, but starting both is not.

Bulova

Re: Generator and Spectrum Analyzer

Post by Bulova » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Nils,

yes, it sounds naturally, that only one app can be running at a time. I just asked, because it is very often needed to uses a generator and a spectrum analyzer together. Unfortunately there is no app available with this capability. So it is probably up to me to program such an app. If I am able to ...

Dieter

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie