How to make simple program

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
schaeds

How to make simple program

Post by schaeds » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi

I need to say, that I am quite disappointed about RedPitaya.. The hardware and the concept seems great, but the documentation and organisation of the project is just useless. Either it's not up to date or it's based on old release versions.. I don't know.. Everything what I have tried so far, I struggled with errors and problem...

Even the "How to make simple program" does not work at the first shot.

1.) Installed current OS release 0.95 on SD card
2.) Booted Redpitaya and did accordingly to manual (clone repository, build api, build C-examples)
3.) Tried to start digital_blink_led_blink and the only thing what you get is another error

Code: Select all

redpitaya> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/RedPitaya/api/lib/ /opt/RedPitaya/Examples/C/digital_led_blink
Blinking LED[0]
Runtime error: calib_ReadParams(&calib) returned "Failed to Read Calibration Parameters." at calib.c:34
Runtime error: calib_Init() returned "Failed to Read Calibration Parameters." at rp.c:38
Red Pitaya API init failed!
Does someone has an idea, what's wrong with this?

Thanks and kind regards
Stefan

Nils Roos

Re: How to make simple program

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:36 am

Hi Stefan,

I tried to reproduce this behaviour, but found no problem when doing the same steps. The only difference was that I used /root/RedPitaya instead of /opt/RedPitaya .

The error message indicates that an error occurred while reading from the calibration eeprom. Do you have anything connected to the E2 extension connector which could interfere with the I2C bus ?

schaeds

Re: How to make simple program

Post by schaeds » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:39 am

Thanks Nils!!
I repeated the steps and now it seems to work properly!

I am not sure, but you could be right. I have had a extension card connected the last time, which probably interfered with the I2C communication.

Kind regards
Stefan

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie