FPGA blink example issues

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
varunvai

FPGA blink example issues

Post by varunvai » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:04 am

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to FPGA development and the Red Pitaya is only the second board I've played with. I've been trying to follow the FPGA blink example but anytime I try to run synthesis I keep getting an error saying "[Synth 8-439] module 'system' not found". I can see 'system.bd' listed under 'system_wrapper.v', so I'm a little confused as to why this keeps happening.

I did install Vivado 2016.2 instead of 2013.3. Could this be the issue? If so, is there a workaround by any chance?

Thanks!
V

Nils Roos

Re: FPGA blink example issues

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:45 pm

When you opened the project in Vivado 2016.2, you should have gotten three messages,
  1. "Older Project Version" with the option to upgrade preselected (you must do this)
  2. "Default Library" with just an OK button
  3. (if you opted to upgrade in 1.) "Project Upgraded" with a warning that you also need to upgrade included IP
In the final message, select "Report IP Status", then click the button "Upgrade Selected" in the "IP Status" tab that appears in the bottom part of the window. Ignore the warnings, confirm to "Generate Output Products" and you're set.

varunvai

Re: FPGA blink example issues

Post by varunvai » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:11 am

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie