Changing the number of samples obtained

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
vaishsuri

Changing the number of samples obtained

Post by vaishsuri » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello!!
I am new to using RED Pitaya and also to Signal Processing in that case. My task with Red Pitaya is to acquire the signals from a Phase Doppler Anemometry system and then compute the frequency and the phase difference for calculating the velocity and diameter of a droplet generated.
Now I am just using signals from the function generator to see if my code is properly working.
I used the help of this code http://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/late ... -exm1.html to acquire the signals and I am done processing the signals and getting frequency and phase difference. But I am getting 16384 samples. But I want only 256 or at the maximum 512 samples. I tried changing the decimation factor. But, it doesn't seem to be working out for me. So, could anyone guide me if there is a way to reduce the number of samples may be based on some threshold value (Like to capture signals burst by burst). Thanks in Advance.

Vaish

JohnnyMalaria

Re: Changing the number of samples obtained

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 pm

The SCPI ACQ:SOUR group of commands let you specify how many samples to read. Refer to http://www.alldaq.com/fileadmin/user_up ... elease.pdf This document cross-references the equivalent C API routines. Some of the information in the document is out-of-date and incorrect, though.

I had to do something similar (for measuring phase from a laser Doppler velocimeter as it happens) and wrote my own code to read data in "chunks". Search for other posts by me to see the source code.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie