Logic Analyzer still in demo mode

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Ruch

Logic Analyzer still in demo mode

Post by Ruch » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:08 am

I bought a Red Pitaya kit diagnostic STEMLAB 125-10 from Digikey (digikey.ca/product-detail/en/trenz-electronic-gmbh/27762/1686-1035-ND/6579246). I have been using the scope and signal generator without any issue. Recently, I tried using the Logic Analyzer but it seems that it is only running at demo mode and can't make use of it.

I bought this Red Pitaya with the accessories for Logic Analyzer. What can be done on my end to enable the Logic Analyzer feature?

-Ruch

amike88

Re: Logic Analyzer still in demo mode

Post by amike88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi,

it looks like you are using an old OS, as with the latest OS all applications are unlocked.

Id suggest Flashing the SD card with the latest OS image.
Follow the instructions here.

Ruch

Post by Ruch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:34 pm

I looked further inside the box and there is a small piece of paper with the code to activate my Logic Analyzer Basic app. However, I can't find an easy way to activate the app. There is a pop-up window that directs me to Red Pitaya store when I launch the Logic Analyzer App (always in Demo mode), but when I am in Red Pitaya website, I cannot find the right app to install. I tried going to Shop -> Accessories -> Logic Analyzer Basic and added the item to my cart and at checkout, there is no option to enter the code. Any hint on how I can activate my Logic Analyzer app?

amike88

Post by amike88 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 am

Please take a look at my previous post, you are using an old OS.

Sometimes retailers send out a RP that they received a while ago, hence it does not include the latest OS, as it included the latest OS at the time it left RP.

If you take a look at this paragraph in Red Pitayas documentation you'll see that all applications are unlocked, since OS version 97 on.

Follow the instructions from my previous post to mitigate this problem.

redpitaya
Site Admin

No more demo mode

Post by redpitaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:27 am

Thank you for posting.
Newer builds do not require a license. Since release 0.97 all applications are unlocked by default. Users don’t need to register or apply unlock keys anymore.

To benefit from the new software environment you just need to update the OS image on your SD card.
Here is a step by step tutorial: https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... Dcard.html
Just one warning, please backup first your content or maybe use another SD card for this, as there is one option missing, the visual programming part. This was removed also because less than 1% of customers was using it and we were paying unnecessary licence fees for it.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie