Advanced triggering - Only trigger on long pulses

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
majtom

Advanced triggering - Only trigger on long pulses

Post by majtom » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 am

Dear All,

I am reading photometer data with RP and I want to trigger on light pulses (>10 ms) caught by the photometer. The problem is that there is quite some discrete noise in the photometer due to e.g. cosmic rays. These peaks in the data are brief (<1 ms) but are of same voltage as the light pulses. Therefore they trigger the acquisition software and I get a lot of useless data.

Is there a way to implement advanced triggering e.g. only trigger on pulses of certain duration?

I have tried to look at the trigger state flag, and only save data if the trigger state flag is triggered for at least xx number of samples. But even the noise peaks cause the trigger state flag to be triggered for >1000 samples. So far I haven't found the magic number that distinguishes noise from real pulses.

I hope some of you have ideas :)

Merry Christmas,

Maja

Timelord

Re: Advanced triggering - Only trigger on long pulses

Post by Timelord » Tue May 28, 2019 12:30 pm

The triggering is very basic. It's why I never use mine. Is is no use for any real life applications. Pity, the HW is good, but the software is useless.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie