Big Thank you to Jerold Ponko who brought to our attention that there might be an issue with the wifi password length.
It seems that a user is not able to get the wireless to login to the router if the password is too long for the web GUI entry field. The maximum password length for WPA2-PSK is defined as 64 characters but he noticed that the web interface only accepts up to 31.
//SOLUTION// kindly provided by JERRY//
Here are the steps:
1) First find out where wpa_supplicant reads its configuration file by logging in over the ethernet connection and logging in as root, password is root.
2) run the command "ps -ef" and the list of processes will contained the following: /sbin/wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0
3) Now that I know the wpa_supplicant.conf file is in the /etc/wpa_supplicant linux directory, power down the Red Pitaya and remove the SD card and plug it into a PC.
4) Open a terminal and run the command (without the quotes) "wpa_passphrase yout_ssid_here your\!password\!here". In this example, the password contains the special characters "!" they must be escaped like so "\!" otherwise it's interpreted as a command by the shell. the command will generate the output on the console. For example,
Copy the output to the clipboard (highlight and do a CTRL-C or right-click and select copy) Don't close the terminal.
5) Open another terminal session in the SD card's Linux partition and enter the command "cd etc/wpa_supplicant" and then the command "sudo nano wpa_supplicant". Delete the original contents of the wpa_supplicant.conf file and paste the wpa_passphrase output you copied to the clipboard.
6.) Save the file and place the SD card back in the Red Pitaya. Power up and in the Network manager should show an ip address for wireless now that you can connect to in your web browser.
Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
1 post • Page 1 of 1
jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests