Red Pitaya as FPGA Target in LabVIEW

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
cflood

Red Pitaya as FPGA Target in LabVIEW

Post by cflood » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the solution in a cursory search of the forums and the internet. I was wondering if it is possible to program the Red Pitaya's FPGA through LabVIEW by using the RP as an FPGA target. All of the documentation regarding LabVIEW on the RP website doesn't seem to directly program the FPGA, but rather send and receive commands over TCP/IP. I've looked at some tutorials by Anton Potočnik and Pavel Demin, but both of them are programming the FPGA using Xilinx Vivado. Given that LabVIEW has a download link for RP instrument drivers, I would have thought that you could do this.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

-C

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Red Pitaya as FPGA Target in LabVIEW

Post by redpitaya » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Thank you for your question. There is high probability that this will never be the case with Red Pitaya boards. At least at this time there is no plan to migrate to that type of workflow. Sorry.

You can start the SCPI server on the Red Pitaya and send the commands using Labview.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie