Establishing communication between Thorlabs device and Red Pitaya board on LabVIEW

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Arpit

Establishing communication between Thorlabs device and Red Pitaya board on LabVIEW

Post by Arpit » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi,

I have been working on developing a LabVIEW program through which Thorlabs Galvo mirrors can be used to do a raster scan. After a lot of effort and having to create certain library elements for Red Pitaya, I have been able to, programmatically, generate raster scan routines. When hardwired directly, Red Pitaya controls the Galvo mirrors as desired, but, when it comes to LabVIEW, there is a need for Red Pitaya to be able to read the physical channel ID/name of the Thorlabs Galvo controller and then write as commanded to do raster scan in order to complete the feedback loop. I created a subVI for I/O channel communication within the Red Pitaya VI for signal generation, but, it doesn't seem to be working. I have been trying different ways to resolve this but with over-tweaking, there is a possibility of Red Pitaya drivers and library to breakdown so I am being cautious a bit. I don't want to start from scratch again.

Therefore, if anyone has a better solution/idea in order to correctly establish communication between Thorlabs Galvo controller and Red Pitaya (STEMlab 125-14) board through LabVIEW, then can you please help me out here? Any pointers will be of great help.

Thank you for reading the query.

Warm regards,
Arpit

Arpit

Re: Establishing communication between Thorlabs device and Red Pitaya board on LabVIEW

Post by Arpit » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:08 pm

I should clarify that the Thorlabs Galvo mirror control system itself is an open-loop system. I meant to convey the feedback loop of the system as a whole, connection-wise. The scanning system itself is an open-loop system. Thanks to Pavel Demin for pointing it out correctly.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie