Accessing E2 UART

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
amvasil

Accessing E2 UART

Post by amvasil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use UART on E2 connector in my project. It seems to be the easiest way to read and write to it through /dev, but generally it's better to use C code. So what is it's name in /dev and can I use it as usual serial port in linux?

Thanks.

amvasil

Re: Accessing E2 UART

Post by amvasil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Maybe I have to rephrase. Is it possible at all to read and write to built-in UART of RedPitaya?

There is the same question about I2C.

Thanks.

UART is accessible as /dev/ttyPS1 and works fine, just checked it.

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 am

Hello !

I'm trying to read some data on the E2 connector but I don't really know how to read these ones.
I saw, you have succeed to read and write some data. But, did you use a part of C code that you create, or did you implement a FPGA code to read this data ? How are they received (RAW, integer, array) when you read it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards.

Kev'

amvasil

Post by amvasil » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

I use C code and standart linux libraries. Here are helpful code snippets: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6947 ... -port-in-c. My code in attached file can read/write to serial and handle signal on data received for asynchronous reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 am

Thank you very much for this code. I'll try to understand it. :)

Did you use C++ ? Because I don't understand all the syntax. But doesn't matter, I'll learn to read it ;)

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm

I thank you again for your code, it works great ! I adapted it in C code and I don't have any problem. :D

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie