More info about the MCA app required

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
pavel

Re: More info about the MCA app required

Post by pavel » Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am

To work around the application marketplace problem, here are the commands to manually install the MCPHA application:

Code: Select all

rw
cd /opt/redpitaya/www/apps
wget http://bazaar.redpitaya.com/archives/apps/mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip
unzip mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip
ro

CJWestshore33

Post by CJWestshore33 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:19 pm

I forwarded my issue to RedPitaya's support team. Again, when I attempted to access the Bazaar server I traced the route using wireshark and saw my units mac being filtered out from the ip address
of the app bazaar. The MAC shows up in red with a Blocked Ack in the frame type.

The problem manifests like the one below.
viewtopic.php?t=1104&start=20

When I get some more time today I will try loading from SSH.
frustrating experience so far to load custom apps.
:x

CJWestshore33

Post by CJWestshore33 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:54 am

So I managed to get your app loaded via github... however
upon trying to start the server via SSH, this is the error I recieve.

I am not sure what would be happening in this case? conflict with tcl ?

Getting closer...

Still no luck with the App Bazaar. 404 error still.

root@rp-f084cd:~/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client# cd red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client
[b]root@rp-f084cd:~/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client# gcc -shared -fPIC -I /usr/include/tcl8.6 mcpha.c -o mcpha.so -lBLT
root@rp-f084cd:~/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client# wish8.6 mcpha.tcl
application-specific initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
    while executing
"wm minsize . 880 680"
    (file "mcpha.tcl" line 4)
root@rp-f084cd:~/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client/red-pitaya-notes/projects/mcpha/client# ls -l `which tclsh`
total 100[/b]

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am

So I managed to get your app loaded via github... however
upon trying to start the server via SSH, this is the error I recieve.
What you do is not at all what is written in my instructions. I never suggested installing the MCPHA application to the Red Pitaya board via github. Almost everything that involves my github repository should be done on a development machine and not on the Red Pitaya board.

I'm starting to feel like you're skipping most of what I write and I'm just wasting my time posting to this thread.

Anyway, here is my next attempt to help you with the installation of the MCPHA application on the Red Pitaya board with the latest stable SD card image by the Red Pitaya developers. Please try to follow the following step by step instructions:
  • Step 1:
    Download and install the latest stable SD card image (STEMlab_125-xx_OS_0.98-696_stable) following the instructions from this web page.
  • Step 2:
    Download and install the MCPHA application on the Red Pitaya board. The following commands should be run from the Red Pitaya board's command line:

rw
    wget http://bazaar.redpitaya.com/archives/apps/mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip
    ro
    If mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip can't be downloaded from bazaar.redpitaya.com, then here are the commands to download and install mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip from dropbox.com:

rw
    wget 'https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fy49wae6xwxa8a/AACX0vv9VXs1U5-jT-oM6KOfa/bazaar/mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip?dl=1' -O mcpha-1.0-20190527.zip
    ro
  • Step 3:
    Connect to the Red Pitaya board's web interface and start the MCPHA application by clicking on the MCPHA icon.
  • Step 4:
    Download and install the control program for the MCPHA application. The control program runs on a PC and not on the Red Pitaya board. Instructions on how to install the control program are displayed in the web browser when the MCPHA application is running on the Red Pitaya board.
If any of these steps don't work for you, then please provide a detailed description of the problem, including exact error messages, screenshots, etc.

CJWestshore33

Post by CJWestshore33 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 am

firstly, I now have your app working on my RedPitaya. The issue was not as straightforward and I left off some critical details in my previous posting. We had loaded your app via the same app bazaar link http://bazaar.redpitaya.com/archives/ap ... 190527.zip

We had tried it previously from the one in your github... As you pointed out it required a different OS ecosystem to run it. We tried that method... that didn't work.

-- Regardless of the past technical difficulties, your MCPHA app works very well with the MCPHA app on windows. We were clearly able to capture a very nice K40 gamma peak over the course of ~2 hrs from 245g of KCl salt substitute. We then dropped the .dat file into InterSpec to ID the radionuclide in question. Perfect!

Please don't say that I am wasting your time. --- I really don't want to. I appreciate you taking the time to post your instructions.

Please understand where I am coming from on this.
I am trying to test the Redpitaya as a lab solution for a school and it has been very challenging to justify a board like this that has had some rather unexpected technical difficulties.

The App Bazaar... simply put, hasn't worked since we got it.

My unit is being demoed for a school science resource meeting next week. I am trying to sell the red pitaya for grade 12 science learning as a portable "lab" device. A purchase like this needs approval by the head of curriculum and instruction. So far the App bazaar has failed on every switch and router we have tried it on.

I am working with Red pitaya to solve this issue.

pavel

Post by pavel » Thu May 28, 2020 11:02 am

I'm glad that you've finally managed to run the MCPHA application on the Red Pitaya board and the control program on Windows.
I am trying to sell the red pitaya for grade 12 science learning as a portable "lab" device.
Out of curiosity, did you consider Analog Discovery 2 and ADALM2000 as possible candidates? If the MCA functionality isn't crucial, these devices come with much better "lab" software. They're also cheaper, easier to connect to a PC and they come with some tutorials:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn ... ials/start
https://wiki.analog.com/university/cour ... onics/labs

As ADALM2000 is based on the same ZYNQ chip as Red Pitaya 125-14, porting the MCPHA application to ADALM2000 shouldn't be very difficult. However, ADALM2000 may have the same overheating issues as Red Pitaya 125-14.

Here is a link to a video of a relatively recent presentation of ADALM2000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-nCJ-h3hr4

Although I like Red Pitaya 125-14 as a very good platform for prototyping various test and measurement systems and experimenting with FPGA and DSP algorithms, personally I wouldn't recommend it as a portable "lab" device for the school environment due to very limited "lab" software and overheating issues.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie