MCA app with PHA app not working at all

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
CJWestshore33

MCA app with PHA app not working at all

Post by CJWestshore33 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:41 am

There seems to be 2 MCA applications available for use on the RedPitaya. The first which was recommended seems to run in its own version of linux for RPitaya. I could not get it to run at all.
Following the instructions on the infopage (github) left me with a flashing yellow light on the board /boot failure. I then tried merging the image with a working redpitaya OS, and ended up with a broken app page.. and a blank screen. Odd...

I gave up and used the MCA app by Will Thompson which was installed using SSH with putty.
While this app seems to work, it seems to have some odd behaviors about displaying data exponentially which it doesn't.. switching over to log. data suddenly appears as if by magic.

:?:

hmm....

pavel

Re: MCA app with PHA app not working at all

Post by pavel » Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 am

Following the instructions on the infopage (github) left me with a flashing yellow light on the board /boot failure.
I don't understand why you conclude that the flashing yellow LED means a boot failure. This is perfectly normal behavior of the SD card image from my github repository.

Once you have the flashing yellow light, simply connect to the board's web interface and start the MCPHA application.

When using an SD card image provided by Red Pitaya, it's also possible to install the same MCPHA application via the application marketplace. I think this is the easiest way to install the MCPHA application.
I gave up and used the MCA app by Will Thompson which was installed using SSH with putty.
Since you have at least one version of the MCPHA application (the one with the web interface by Will Thompson) that works for you, I would say that the title of this thread is incorrect.

CJWestshore33

Re: MCA app with PHA app not working at all

Post by CJWestshore33 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:13 pm

There was no indication of a network interface from my router when I loaded the image off the SD card the first time. I waited 10 minutes... Nothing registered with my router.. Also no blue light, just pulsing yellow/orange..

I tried loading this several times... the last time having success ( tried using a good image then merged it) to boot the SD card and saw the RedPitaya come up in the list of interfaces. PHA application however refused to connect to the given port (1002).

Not sure what was going on here.

Pavel, to be fair, if you are telling me that the image works, I'll have another go at it and try it again with a different SD card I'll put the steps in this thread.

I am sorry I am coming off being critical, but I am really wanting this to work. Once I get to use your software, I intend ( with your permission of course) to modify it to allow for amature gamma spectroscopy use. (multi-bin rates, export file types....etc)

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie