Using digital or analog IO pins alongside web app

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Kevinv

Using digital or analog IO pins alongside web app

Post by Kevinv » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello,

I've been working on setting up a Red Pitaya for remote access undergraduate physics labs, centered around gamma ray spectroscopy. I've got a setup working using sefffal's wrapper for the MCA program, and I've got a python script set up to control a motor to move samples in the lab. The issue is, the mercury overlay hijacks the FPGA, which causes a crash if the MCA app isn't closed (just as the documentation warms). Is there a good alternate way to access the GPIO pins for this? Or, as an alternative, can the analog pins be used from python without altering the state of the FPGA? It would be a pain to work with them but I could manage if needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevinv

Re: Using digital or analog IO pins alongside web app

Post by Kevinv » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:27 pm

For future people reading this: No, there is not a good alternative method. I ended up having to learn how to use Vivado to edit the FPGA code itself to add in controls for the digital IO pins. All of the memory addresses listed for the monitor console command assume you're using the base FPGA image, and thus won't work when another one is loaded.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie