How to start SDR application with RP122-16?

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
anypoint

How to start SDR application with RP122-16?

Post by anypoint » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:38 am

Hello everyone,Merry Christmas!

I have received my redpitaya SDR kits 122-16 yesterday,but I can't find a way to start SDR application,there is n't any SDR applicatopn icon in local web page,so I have tried SDR#/HDSDR/HPSDR three program no luck.

There is no any redpitaya equipment in the list of SDR#. :oops:

HDSDR start with ExtIO_RedPitaya.dll/ExtIO_RedPitaya_TRX.dll(I have tested with two different dll),it look doesn't connect to redpitaya beause the waterfall still clear blue with time stamp move.Yes,I have set the correct ip address.

HPSDR can't power on,it always said "Error starting HPSDR hardware,is it connected and powered?"
I'm an amateur radio,I'm skilled with above three program,unfortunately I can't find a clear guide to run it for my amateur radio.

btw,I have tried more version like 1.03-6/1.04-8/0.98-5 for my redpitaya,all version work well with web application,SDR#/HDSDR is the latest version,HPSDR with PowerSDR Charly 25 HAMlab STEMlab Edition,and I have tried other stardard version,Yes,I have set radio model to HAMlab/STEMlab,and I have tried other radio model too.

Maybe it need a start command with SSH?but I'm tiro with linux,I don't know how to do :cry:

I hope you have a happy Christmas and take care!

Mike

pavel

Re: How to start SDR application with RP122-16?

Post by pavel » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Have you tried the instructions at this link?

This application can be started automatically or from the web interface.

This application works with extio_hpsdr_cmake_mgw-v1.0.5.dll or extio_hpsdr_cmake_mgw-v1.0.4.dll from the following links:

https://github.com/IW0HDV/extio-iw0hdv/ ... tag/v1.0.5
https://github.com/IW0HDV/extio-iw0hdv/ ... tag/v1.0.4

anypoint

Post by anypoint » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Hello pavel
Thanks for your reply!I will try the way with special image on Monday.

But I can’t understand as a “SDRLAB kit” from respitaya,why not start SDR from web home or the other supported application program like HPSDR/HDSDR?

pavel

Post by pavel » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:27 pm

According to the "supported features and apps" table in the Red Pitaya documentation, only the most basic features are available on the SDRlab 122-16 board.

In my understanding SDRlab 122-16 is a niche product for very specific applications. If a more general purpose product with most of the available features is required, then it's STEMlab 125-14 that should be used.

anypoint

Post by anypoint » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello pavel
I have formated the sd card(16G in the box) with fat32 and unzip the the file from:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... 200628.zip

copy all file to sd card,it look it doesn't boot,only green led light.I have tried copy start.sh from apps\sdr_transceiver_hpsdr_122_88 to topmost directory on the SD card too,no any different because it look doesn't boot success,I can't found the mac address from the dhcp list in my router.

I have tested other zip file "armv7-20200628-scanner.zip" too.

my redpitaya is STEM122-16SDR V1r1(print on the pcb),my windows is 64bits WIN7.

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:55 pm

red-pitaya-alpine-3.12-armv7-20200628.zip is the correct file. As far as I know, it works most of the time for most users. When it doesn't, the problem most often comes from the micro SD card.

The micro SD card should be formatted as a freshly unpacked micro SD card (single partition, FAT32 file system). I'm using freshly unpacked micro SD cards or formatting them in Linux with the following commands:

Code: Select all

parted -s /dev/mmcblk0 mklabel msdos
parted -s /dev/mmcblk0 mkpart primary fat32 4MiB 100%
mkfs.vfat -v /dev/mmcblk0p1
No blinking LED is OK. There is no blinking LED in my configuration.

I'd suggest connecting to the USB/serial console of the Red Pitaya board and checking the boot process. It can be done using PuTTY. Here are some useful links:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... nsole.html
https://www.putty.org/

anypoint

Post by anypoint » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello Pavel
it has solved!I connected to usb port and I found redpitaya has boot successfully,maybe the dhcp cause ip assign failed(SDRlab image work well with same dhcp server),redpitaya used an fixed ip address,so I can't find it in dhcp list,HPSDR and HDSDR work now! :D

I will try the other application with it,unforunately most application doesn't support 122-16,it look I bought a unpopular version :cry:

Thanks Pavel,I hope to see more application from you!
Take care,73!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie