Getting Started on bare metal programming

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Soichgoschn

Getting Started on bare metal programming

Post by Soichgoschn » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been given a university assignment in which I have to program a phase measuring device on the red pitaya platform. I've been given a STEMlab 125-14 for this task and my professor said I should use bare metal programming.
Getting startet on setting up an environment in which to program the board has been quite overwhelming. From the information that there is I gathered that I need the Vitis IDE to code in C/C++ and a hardware spec import of the Red Pitaya board.
However I really don't know where to get such a file from or how to otherwise operate the IDE, additionally, I don't know which development OS I'm supposed to use. I currently have the Vivado and Vitis programs on Windows, which I've been told should work but there is so much conflicting/confusing information out there.
What I'm basically asking is the following: Is there a comprehensive, step by step list on how to program this board for total beginners? I feel quite lost atm.

Thank you very much for your time

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie