Controlling two 125-14 boards with a Raspberry Pi

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
earlforeal

Controlling two 125-14 boards with a Raspberry Pi

Post by earlforeal » Thu May 05, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi all,

I have successfully implemented an MCA (multi-channel analyzer) that reads both RF inputs, primarily for spectroscopy. The program is written in C, and utilizes the FPGA oscilloscope controller (fpga_osc.h). The program stores the acquired data to a txt file on the board's SD card, or to a USB stick. I have used the systemd services to make the program practically autonomous. Once the board is powered on, it will begin logging data from the MCA.

I'd like to now use both of my 125-14 boards as MCAs, and ideally have the data managed by a Raspberry Pi. My first thought is to have the 125-14s operate "independent" of each other, and have the RPi periodically SSH into each 125-14 and transfer the data via SCP onto the RPi.

However, I was wondering if using the daisy-chain SATA connecters would be useful for this project. For example, have one 125-14 slaved to the other, and store data from each MCA onto the master 125-14. The RPi then only interfaces with the master 125-14.

In either case, I suspect that SSH/SCP would be the easiest way to transfer the data to the RPi.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the project, and suggestions as to the best way to attack this.

Thank you all :)

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Controlling two 125-14 boards with a Raspberry Pi

Post by redpitaya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:30 am

Ssh will be the easiest way, SATA is used for the clock and trigger and has nothing to do with SATA disk/data transfer at all, of course it would be possible if one would implement proper interface to transfer data.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie