SCPI issue with last stable image

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
lucien.miara

SCPI issue with last stable image

Post by lucien.miara » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:56 am

Hi!

I recently updated a STEMlab 125-14 with the latest stable image (here https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... SDcard.htm) and since then I can't get the SCPI signal generator function working (trying to generate a sine at 10MHz using labview and scpi).

Going back to an older version seems to solve the issue, but I also need to control the UART port via SCPI which the previous versions don't support, so I'm stuck with this one.

I also tried some other SCPI features with the latest version, and everything seems to be working fine except for the signal generator.

Did anyone have the same issue with this version?

Thanks!

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: SCPI issue with last stable image

Post by redpitaya » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:22 am

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this issue. Do you perhaps have a code example of the non-working code?

We are aware of one SCPI issue regarding signal generation, which will be fixed in the new OS. It has to do with the simultaneous activation of both outputs (OUTPUT:STATE ON), but turning on a single output at a time works.

lucien.miara

Post by lucien.miara » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:34 am

Hi !

Thank you for your answer.
Here is the LabView code that does not work (I tested it with a previous OS and have no issue) I also tried using the "configure standart waveform" and "enable output" VIs with the same results.

I can read the frequency and amplitude with "SOUR1:FREQ:FIX?" and "SOUR1:VOLT?". "OUTPUT1:STATE?" returns 1, but there is no signal on output 1. So I don't know what the problem might be.

Thanks again

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 am

Hey!

Thank you for the update.

Please try sending the command to trigger the output (at the end of the sequence):
SOUR1:TRIG:INT

This would be between the OUTPUT1:STATE ON and Connection Close.

Otherwise the output will not start generating.

You can look at this example (There is a LabVIEW example at the end, but you can just look at the sequence of commands in either Python or MATLAB to get the general idea):
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... ous-signal

lucien.miara

Post by lucien.miara » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:36 pm

Thank you, it is working now !
I don't know how I missed this part or why it was working without it on the older version of the OS...

Thanks again !

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:49 pm

No problem. I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie