RP Calibration

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
ulfh

RP Calibration

Post by ulfh » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:38 pm

I have had my RP for some years, but never used it for anything real until today. Wanted to use the oscilloscope to check the levels from my ESP32. I am NOT very confident in my knowledge about scopes, but I have used real scopes on a few occasions, so I know some of the basics.

When I hook up the RP to the source, it will display a level of 1 or 20 , depending of wheter I chose LV or HV. I cannot find a way to check calibration, but this sounds way off. Is RP braindead if not properly calibrated, and if so, how can I proceed? I checked a video recommended, but the software was not availble, as far as I could see, and I do not have access to a voltage reference, which would cost me more than purchasing a real scope.

Best regards

Ulf H.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: RP Calibration

Post by redpitaya » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:27 pm

Hello Ulf,

First, please update the software to the latest stable or beta version for your board (so you can access the Calibration application):
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... re-sd-card

If a voltage reference source is too expensive, try finding a local laboratory or maker space where you can access one and perform the calibration of your Red Pitaya.

The final option is to send the Red Pitaya to us, and we will perform the calibration (I recommend this option only if you do not live far away from Europe due to shipping costs).

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie