FTDI driver does not create new COM port

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
abregnsbo

FTDI driver does not create new COM port

Post by abregnsbo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am

I am trying to establish a serial console to my STEMlab 125-14 and follow these instructions. I install the Virtual COM port driver from FTDI Chip. Installation finished with a window telling that two driver packages are Ready to use. However, I do not see any new COM port drivers appearing in Device Manager.

Has anybody installed the FTDI Chip virtual COM port driver recently with success ?

My system:
HP ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC
Windows 10 Enterprise, 10.0.19045

abregnsbo

Re: FTDI driver does not create new COM port

Post by abregnsbo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 am

hmm, did not succeed in attaching picture.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: FTDI driver does not create new COM port

Post by redpitaya » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 am

Hello abregnsbo,

Thank you for writing to the forum.

On Windows, we suggest Windows Subsystem for Linux to establish a socket connection. If you have a better way to achieve it, please feel free to share the information with the community:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... ware-setup

Please note that an additional cable is required to connect the serial console to the computer using the second micro USB port on STEMlab 125-14. The installation of the FTDI driver worked without issues (one of my setups is Windows 10 Education version 22H2 19045.3448). Though I did install the driver a while ago.

I would suggest establishing a serial console connection with a standard board before trying the board with the hardware modification.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie