RF Output calibration issues

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
jacafry

RF Output calibration issues

Post by jacafry » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello,

The first problem I have had is with the Oscilloscope & Generator application. After calibrating the offset with the calib utility to get the signal very close to zero, I tried to generate a 1 Vpp signal. No matter the waveform or frequency I used, the output measured on my 40MHz oscilloscope measured 1.15 Vpp. When I changed the value to 2 Vpp it returned 2.2 Vpp. I was wondering if I needed to fix this using the monitor utility and changing the offset/scale on the ASG registers or is there another way to fix this issue?

Another problem I have been having is with the RF outputs when using the PID Controller & Oscilloscope application. In this case, my calibration settings for the RF outputs are ignored and at an error signal of roughly zero between the input and output, I get a 32 mV offset which was the value I had before I calibrated the outputs. The offsets are accounted for in generate.c for the Oscilloscope & Generator application when you tell javascript to enable channel 1 or 2 under signal generator. Since I do not directly have control over the generated signals in PID Controller & Oscilloscope, is the only way to fix the offset to again use the monitor utility to change it manually?

Thanks for any help or insight you might have.

Jake Fry

Crt Valentincic

Re: RF Output calibration issues

Post by Crt Valentincic » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:23 pm

I suggest that you check if new calibration parameters were properly stored into EEPROM and that you have 50ohm termination at outputs.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie