LCR meter setup for measuring inductance (help needed)

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
jemzik

LCR meter setup for measuring inductance (help needed)

Post by jemzik » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Hello!
Tryed to measure random(self made with ferit core) inductor using LCR app (gui version)
Seted up measuring jig as advised in instructions ( signal generator, 1ch and inductor wire in first node => second inductor wire and 2ch at midle node => trim potentiometer and gnd at last node.
On pictures is is what I get and it looks like non scense at all to me.

I have no clue how to set up parameters corectly.Over which range to sweep over.
If some on could point me in right direction I will appreciate it.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zimmerman

Re: LCR meter setup for measuring inductance (help needed)

Post by Zimmerman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Try the kelvin clamps, whic can be used in 4 wire resistance measurement to connect OUT1 and IN1 with the inductor lead. since the neutrals are connected on Red Pitaya, you can use normal oscyloscope probe to connect the other end of the inductor and the trimmer. The neutral lead from the probe can be connected to the other end of the trimmer.

I've noticed that poor connections are often the problem with this things. Soldering them together is another option.
Try to display the amplitude of an impedance (Z) since this is the data all parameters are calculated from.
I hope this helps.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie