0.92-233 scope and WIn7 frequent crashes every 10 mins

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
anoracknophobia

0.92-233 scope and WIn7 frequent crashes every 10 mins

Post by anoracknophobia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:16 pm

very new to this device... disappointed so far that the devices or software appears to 'fall-over' after about 10 minutes run time. a restart resolves this ... but it's annoying.
To be more specific, I see an 'Application Error : Data Receiving Failed. Error Status Time out.'

Similar thing happens with Spec. Analyser too

anoracknophobia

Re: 0.92-233 scope and WIn7 frequent crashes every 10 mins

Post by anoracknophobia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:20 pm

anoracknophobia wrote:very new to this device... disappointed so far that the devices or software appears to 'fall-over' after about 10 minutes run time. a restart resolves this ... but it's annoying.
To be more specific, I see an 'Application Error : Data Receiving Failed. Error Status Time out.'

oops .. I meant to add an edit .. I'm running 64 bit windows 7 on an HP laptop in this instance. I think the redpitaya device was much more stable when I last tried it ( 2 months ago ? ) on a win 7 32 bit virtual machine ( Mac : parallels )

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:07 pm

I just checked, my RP runs fine for 30mins scope+generator, also on Win7 64bit. Even short breaks in the network did not cause problems. I am using the latest ecosystem and applications.

How are you powering your device ? A USB port often does not cut it, amperage-wise.
Another thing to check, does your RP get excessively - like, nearly painful to touch - hot ?

anoracknophobia

Post by anoracknophobia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:43 am

anoracknophobia wrote:very new to this device... disappointed so far that the devices or software appears to 'fall-over' after about 10 minutes run time. a restart resolves this ... but it's annoying.

26/1/2014 : 06:30 I just checked the Redpitaya web site and noticed the PSU needs to be 2A. then checked mine ... 1A ...so I guess i know where the fix is .

melko

Post by melko » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Nils Roos wrote: Another thing to check, does your RP get excessively - like, nearly painful to touch - hot ?
Out of curiosity, what is the average temperature you get with the base design?
On mine if I put the finger on the heatsink it's pretty hot, and measuring with a rude sensor seems around 50°C.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm running at 45-50°C too, measured at the base of the heatsink, dead center.

I am not aware of any real heat-related problems, but there was a user who reported a significant drop in noise after fitting his RP with a cooling fan.

miguelgarcia

Post by miguelgarcia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello to all.

Just to inform about my case related with connection crash, because yours
is not an isolated case.

I have my RP connected to my router as a client through the suggested EDIMAX 7811un
and frequently, some minutes after I connect to it with my PC wifi (throgh router), I
was receiving the same error message.

In my case, although I was using a 5V 2A micro usb (cheap) power supply, when we
sink more current (>1A) its voltage drops to more or less 4.8V .

After I tried RP with another 5V 2A micro usb power supply, this time the one from
my Samsung Galaxy tablet, I never received this message again and RP runs happily
since there.

Miguel Garcia

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie