Questiosn regarding compilation of FPGA's

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
adityagandhi

Questiosn regarding compilation of FPGA's

Post by adityagandhi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi,

I installed the 14,6 version of ISE tools, as it also the had the toolchain required. The web version didn't install the toochain.
I then syned the main repo for redpitaya, and tried compiling the FPGA, changing the make setting from vivaldo to ahead.
I was able to compile you boot, so I think some settings are okay, the cross compiler was set alright.

Repo branch synced last night 01/11/2015.

There are two issues:

1) I cannot seem to open the red_pitaya.ppr project file in ISE, can someone give me a hint for this?

2) I am unable to compile, the fpga build using planahead, I get an error in DRC.

Code: Select all

Checking platform address map ...
Xilinx Port::Process Exec Failed:2
ERROR:EDK -  
   Error while running "gmake -f system.make netlist".
ERROR: [Edk 24-166] (generate_target): Failed to execute XPS script. Please check for any errors reported by the XPS application in the console: [/home/aditya/Boards/RedPitaya/FPGA/release1/fpga/ahead/red_pitaya.srcs/sources_1/edk/system/__xps/pa/_system_synth.tcl]

while executing
"generate_target all [get_files  ./ahead/red_pitaya.srcs/sources_1/edk/system/system.xmp]"
    invoked from within
"if {[lindex $argv 0] == "build"} {

## export PS configuration
   generate_target all [get_files  ./ahead/red_pitaya.srcs/sources_1/edk/system/syst..."
    (file "/home/aditya/Boards/RedPitaya/FPGA/release1/fpga/run_planahead.tcl" line 42)
exit
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting PlanAhead at Sun Jan 11 06:21:44 2015...
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: PlanAhead
Attached complete log, with the post.
Could you please help me resolve these error's? Not sure what's going on, what other logs should I be looking at.

Thanks,
Aditya

Edit:
Syetm config,
ISE 14.6, embedded edition with web liscense
Had to install ia32-libs, as the toolchain was compiled for 32 bits, and required ia32-libs, couldn't find dependencies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adityagandhi

Re: Questiosn regarding compilation of FPGA's

Post by adityagandhi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:23 pm

:D I sucessfully resolved it, the issue was missing gmake, which wasn't clear.

This helped

Code: Select all

sudo ln /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie