Status of the MATLAB/LabVIEW communication

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
lilltroll

Status of the MATLAB/LabVIEW communication

Post by lilltroll » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:23 pm

What is the status of the http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?tit ... _progress) ??

I have spent years with MATLAB and months with LabVIEW regarding signal processing, control, estimations and adaptive filtering within R&D.
Last 5 years I have also been programming C and ASM for "realtime" RISC, and last year C++ for multiplatform as well (Qt5).
Programming the DSP slices in a ZYNQ in on my bucket list :mrgreen:

I saw the post of the new API and that is great, but I usually build/test prototypes in LabVIEW or preferable MATLAB before I implement something in C.
The documentation seems to be rather slim regarding the MATLAB, or am I missing something ?

Nils Roos

Re: Status of the MATLAB/LabVIEW communication

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:09 pm

You might want to take a look here. Part of the SDK and the accompanying tutorials deal with SCPI connection to MatLab & LabView.

piccolo

Post by piccolo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 am

Nils, do you know who wrote the scpi-server program? Did they use LabVIEW to test it, and if so, could we see some photos of their setup or some screen shots? Even a "hello world" level project instrumented with a Red Pitaya and LabVIEW would be a good reference for the community.

noah

Post by noah » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Since which release is the scpi-server implementet / where do I get get it?

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 pm

@piccolo:
I nudged the responsible people at RPHQ, and they promised to provide some pictures / examples. Soon.

@noah:
As of now it is a separate download that you need to deploy to your Red Pitaya manually (via scp / console). You can find the download links in this article.
edit: Ah, I got that wrong, in the linked article there is also a download link for an updated ecosystem that includes the infrastructure, right at the top.

noah

Post by noah » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:35 am

Nils Roos wrote:@noah:
As of now it is a separate download that you need to deploy to your Red Pitaya manually (via scp / console). You can find the download links in this article.
edit: Ah, I got that wrong, in the linked article there is also a download link for an updated ecosystem that includes the infrastructure, right at the top.
Thanks for that!

Is there a reliable system of releasing those new ecosystems? How can I keep up to date with them?

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm

When an official (stable) new version of the ecosystem is available, the Bazaar page will offer you an update option.

I'd imagine that there would also be some kind of notification of a new version through social media channels. There hasn't been an official new version in quite some time now, so it's hard to speak of established procedures.

Primoz Perusek

Post by Primoz Perusek » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

I am appending my first two working files made in LabVIEW. So far I was ony able to make the write command and am working on query right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie