Looking for the data transfer protocol to the PC

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
PatrickLafont

Looking for the data transfer protocol to the PC

Post by PatrickLafont » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:53 am

Hello all,
I am looking for the data transfer protocol through Ethernet for making acquisition software on computer side. I think it must be somewhere but unable to find it for the moment.
The applications interesting me are oscilloscope+signal generator and spectrum analyzer. I try to make applications with Delphi XE7 with my own data processing functions.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Patrick

Nils Roos

Re: Looking for the data transfer protocol to the PC

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi,
The wiki has a brief overview of the JSON structures that are used to exchange data.

If I understood you correctly, you want to use the web-interface without the Bazaar front end. In that case you need to call some extra management functions to initialize the application before you can exchange data. I'll prepare a short summary later.

PatrickLafont

Post by PatrickLafont » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:06 am

Thank you Nils.
That is what I want: because I already have a graphical user's interface program written in Delphi with many existing functions, I intend to interface the Redpitaya with my program through a Ethernet link in order to have another associated data acquisition device.
Patrick

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:37 am

Ok, here's a short rundown of what you can do via the web. The host for all this is your Red Pitaya, of course. Most of the operations are pretty self-explanatory.

Application management

Code: Select all

method  location+parameter         content (GET: answer, POST: request)
------  ------------------         ------------------------------------
GET     /bazaar?apps=              {"scope":{"name":"Oscilloscope","version":"...","revision":"...","description":"..."},
                                    "spectrum":{"name":"Spectrum Analyzer","version":"...","revision":"...","description":"..."}}

POST    /bazaar?install=<app_name>

POST    /bazaar?remove=<app_name>
  • Use "/bazaar?apps=" to lists all installed apps.
  • Remove or install apps as needed.
Application usage

GET     /bazaar?start=<app_name>   {"status":"OK"}

GET     /bazaar?stop=              {"status":"OK"}

POST    /data                      {"datasets":{"params":{"xmin":0,"xmax":131,"trig_mode":0,"trig_source":0,...}}}

GET     /data                      {"app":{"id":"scope"},
                                    "datasets":{"g1":[{"data":[[0.0000,2.6074e-04],[0.1280,7.8223e-04],...]},
                                                      {"data":[[0.0000,-6.5186e-03],[0.1280,-5.3453e-03],...]}],
                                                "params":{"xmin":0,"xmax":131,"trig_mode":0,"trig_source":0,...}},
                                    "status":"OK"}
  • Begin with "/bazaar?stop=" to stop any currently running app, then start the app you need.
  • Set the operating parameters of the app with a POST to "/data". The names and functions of the parameters in the json content vary from app to app.
  • Read results with a GET from "/data".
  • When you are done, stop the app.
Other

GET     /bazaar?help=              {"command":["help","","Returns the command descriptions."], ...
                                    "status":"OK"}

POST    /upload_gen_ch1            <plaintext> (goes to /tmp/gen_ch1.csv)

POST    /upload_gen_ch2            <plaintext> (goes to /tmp/gen_ch2.csv)
  • Some modules take preloaded data from local files, notably the generate module. POST to "/upload_gen_ch1" to fill the file.
There are also some test functions under "/redpitaya", which do not require a running app. See nginx.conf for more info.

PatrickLafont

Post by PatrickLafont » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Thank you Nils. It seems very clear. I wil try with Delphi to do it.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie