How to make an OS without github

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Kev' Ttn

How to make an OS without github

Post by Kev' Ttn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:30 am

Hi everyone,

Today I wanted to make my own OS for my RedPitaya. Unfortunately, inspite I followed all the instructions wrote on the wiki, I have some errors during the beginning of the compilation.

In fact, I don't use git to stock my files. I work on a PC which is not connected to Internet. And I read on the Makefile, it is necessary to use linux-xlnx.git and u-boot-xlnx.git. I downloaded the files on github but I don't know what to do next.

Someone can help me ? :)

Regards,

Kev

Nils Roos

Re: How to make an OS without github

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 am

If your OS/linux/Makefile and OS/u-boot/Makefile have references to the .git locations, you are probably using an older version of the Red Pitaya sources - which is no problem, just important to know because there have since been changes to the process.

The OS/linux/Makefile expects the bare repo in /var/git/linux-xlnx.git and OS/u-boot/Makefile looks for /var/git/u-boot-xlnx.git .
You can edit the Makefiles to have them point to the locations of the repos on your system, if they are different.

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi Nils,

Thank you for your answer. I download the news package on github in order to keep my project up to date. However, I have modified the Makefiles with my new location and I have an error.

Look at my modifications :

For the linux folder :

Code: Select all

LINUX_GIT_ARCHIVE := /home/Desktop/FPGA_RP/RP_v2/linux-xlnx-xilinx-v14.6.02.tar.gz
And for the u-boot folder :

UBOOT_GIT_ARCHIVE := /home/Desktop/FPGA_RP/RP_v2/u-boot-xlnx-xilinx-v14.6.02.tar.gz
When I tried to build the OS (after I used all the commands shown on the wiki) I have the error upload in attachment :
Error build OS.jpg
Sorry, my system is in French :/

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

Kev'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kev' Ttn on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm

You might want to exchange "LINUX_GIT_ARCHIVE" for "UBOOT_GIT_ARCHIVE" in the OS/u-boot/Makefile ... :D

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Oops, I made a mistake when I copy/paste the makefile. :D

I'll correct it right now.

But It still doesn't work inspite of

LINUX_GIT_ARCHIVE := /home/Desktop/FPGA_RP/RP_v2/linux-xlnx-xilinx-v14.6.02.tar.gz

UBOOT_GIT_ARCHIVE := /home/Desktop/FPGA_RP/RP_v2/u-boot-xlnx-xilinx-v14.6.02.tar.gz
Kev'

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:19 pm

OK, also notice that the Makefiles use curl to get the packages, so you need to prefix local files with "file://" to make the location a valid url. (proper url escaping might also need to be applied - not in your case, but if somebody has more 'exotic' paths)

UBOOT_GIT_ARCHIVE := file:///home/Desktop/FPGA_RP/RP_v2/u-boot-xlnx-xilinx-v14.6.02.tar.gz

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Thank you for your quick answer (as always :))

I'll try it immediatelly !

And I'll keep you informed of the situation.

Kev'

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:17 pm

No, I have the same error ... If you have a new idea, I take it :D

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:56 pm

I've got a couple things to go through with you - if you visit ##redpitaya on freenode, we could go through them much more interactively :) I'll be there for most of the evening.

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:22 am

Hi Nils,

Thanks for your reply. Today I can't work on the RP, but for the next three weeks, I won't have any access to my RedPitaya because I'm a trainee engineer, and I will go back to school ...

So I think it can be better if we look at this problem later. I'll work on something else today, it doesn't matter, I have a lot of work :D

Thank you and see you soon :)

Kev'

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie