Perform Red Pitaya tools on start up.

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Martin

Perform Red Pitaya tools on start up.

Post by Martin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Hi,
i wrote a custom tool (such as generate and acquire) which can be started using the SSH connection (e.g. /tmp/custom_tool CH1 100kHz....). I would like the Red Pitaya to start this tool automatically every time it is powered on. Has anyone done something like this already?

Thanks,
Martin

noah

Re: Perform Red Pitaya tools on start up.

Post by noah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Martin

You can paste your commands into the File /etc/init.d/rcS on the SD-Card. All commands listed in this file are executed right after the redpitaya booted.
Remember: The SD-Card is mounted read only, so if you want to change the file while the SD-Card is plugged into the Redpitaya, issue rw before editing the file with nano, then run ro to re-enable the writeprotection.

Cheers

Martin

Re: Perform Red Pitaya tools on start up.

Post by Martin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks for the fast reply.
I just found this part in the developer guide: "As the last stage of the boot procedure, the /etc/init.d/rcS script executes the /opt/etc/init.d/rcS script, which resides on the SD card and is ready for your modifications. It is recommended that you keep the SW developed by yourself on the SD card (/opt/bin, /opt/sbin), which is already included in the PATH. "
Now I feel stupid for asking :D

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie