Basic web app submitting parameters and acquiring data

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
sidiouss

Basic web app submitting parameters and acquiring data

Post by sidiouss » Thu May 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello!
I'm Michał and I'm from Poland.
It's my first post on the forum, but I'm following all the topics for a long time :)
Thanks for the RedPitaya, it is such a good instrument and development tool :)

I'm trying to build an web app that would have a form in which all the parameters of the lcr application would be submitted to the lcr exec and after measurements all the data would be displayed as a text and (in the future) send to an SQL database.

And I have some questions:
- What is the easiest way to submit parameters filled in the web form to the lcr (or another app) executable and receive output data?
- Are there any libraries on RedPitaya which are to be used with databases e.g. libpq?

Thanks in advance for all advice!

Best regards,
Michał

Nils Roos

Re: Basic web app submitting parameters and acquiring data

Post by Nils Roos » Sat May 16, 2015 12:20 am

Hi Michał,
- What is the easiest way to submit parameters filled in the web form to the lcr (or another app) executable and receive output data?
The easiest way that I know of is to have the web form post its contents to a cgi-script. The script would parse the parameters, call an application of your choice and do something with its output - like, for example, generate hmtl from the data.

There are security and performance concerns with this method, but it is very simple to set up and anything you can do in a shell, you can do in the script. Last time I did anything like that was in the early oughties, so there are bound to be better approaches, but it's a start.
- Are there any libraries on RedPitaya which are to be used with databases e.g. libpq?
No

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie