Data Acquisition over USB

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
jmadsenee

Data Acquisition over USB

Post by jmadsenee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi All,

I would like to connect the RP to a computer (or tablet) over a USB connection instead of the Ethernet connection. I would like to read data and control the RP over the USB in the same manner as with an Ethernet connection. I see that there are 2 micro-B connectors and an A connector. I assume that the Power Supply connector has no data connection, but don't really know. (As so many have lamented before me, a schematic would be nice...) Can the console layer be "removed" from the console connector and a can I access it at a lower level, manage my own enumeration and data transfer? Can it be either a master or slave (USB-OTG)? What are the specs of the interface? I've done that on a "bare metal" DSP, but not through linux. Any hints on how to proceed? I feel like I have searched as much of the site as I could and have found little information about the USB connections on the RP...

Thanks!

John

Nils Roos

Re: Data Acquisition over USB

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 pm

The two micro USBs are fixed purpose, one is power only and the other is wired to an FTDI RS232 converter.

The USB A connector is a standard USB 2 host interface, and the only one that you could use to transfer data at high speed. It should be possible to connect it to a USB OTG counterpart, but what kind of drivers would allow you to exchange data over the link I have no idea.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie