Continuous acquisition with high frequency

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Illidann

Continuous acquisition with high frequency

Post by Illidann » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:13 am

Hi,

I am a proud owner of Red Pitaya.
I am trying to continuous acquisition with high frequency of the high speed ADC. What I have tried is changing the acquire.c given by surrounding the while(retries >= 0) loop (the get signals part) with another while loop. Also, instead of print, I send the data through a tcp socket. Currently I can get only about 1M samples per second, although the sampling rate is 125MHz. It seems that there is a time interval between two acquisitions of 16384 samples. What's wrong with my approach? How should I get rid of this interval so that I can get the samples continuously without losing any data?

I have also taken a look at the source code of the web application oscilloscope. Basically what I am trying to do is very similar to that. I want the raw data instead of the graph. However, I do not understand its logic. It seems that rp_get_signals() in main.c is never called.

Can anyone give me some hint or examples on what I should do? That will be greatly appreciated.

noah

Re: Continuous acquisition with high frequency

Post by noah » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi Illidann

I think that's what you're looking for: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=317
It's a big threat, so take a look at the last few pages for the current state.

Cheers,
Noah

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie