Avoid web based display

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
snyderna

Avoid web based display

Post by snyderna » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:15 pm

So I want to use the RP as a triggered spectrum analyzer as I'm using to analyze a radar chirp. I would really like to get away from the web based display. I just want to pass my data to a desktop application which saves and displays my data so that I can access it in the future. I'm a bit of a noob so I'm not exactly sure what sorts of modifications I will need to make in order to be able to start the program from the command line.

Is it already possible to do this or will I need to make modifications to the way the projects are compiled?

Thank you,

snyderna

KimTommy

Re: Avoid web based display

Post by KimTommy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Good question. Bumping this one.

Basically, what are the options and effort required to get data from the scope functionality as a dimple stream as opposed to the web based GUI?

Br
Kim Tommy

edgo

Post by edgo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:47 pm

You could probably do this quickly with acquirefft:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=512

Use plink (windows) to run, and then pipe the results to a file for analysis

Here is simple usage example:

C:\>plink -l root -pw root 192.168.1.36 /opt/bin/acquirefft
Usage: /opt/bin/acquirefft CH DEC BIN

CH Channel [1,2]
DEC Decimation [1,8,64,1024,8192,65536]
BIN Binning [1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256]

Number of frequency domain values returned is 8192 / Binning
v0.2 :: Equalization filter coefficients set to ZERO

snyderna

Post by snyderna » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:54 pm

To me it looks like both the acquire and acquirefft programs are not calling on the worker.c file. I personally would like to continually be pulling data from the RP. However looking through the code it seems like all these two programs do is generate a single sequence of data and then closes.

However looking through the scope program which does continually run and get updated information I do not seem to see a main function from which the program is starting. This is the first time I've come across a program which isn't at the very least started in the main function.

I'm looking to perform continual measurements however I don't seem to be able to see where the rp_osc_worker_thread is started at. Can someone help clarify for me some how and where this thread is being called so that I can continually obtain measurements?

Also if my understanding of what the rp_osc_worker_thread is doing then please correct me on that as well.

Thank you,

-na

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:51 pm

The applications are compiled into shared libraries, which will be dynamically loaded from nginx (the webserver that host the applications). They can't be called from the console, so they do not need a main() function. Instead they provide an interface of the following public functions (see main.h):

Code: Select all

/* module entry points */
int rp_app_init(void);
int rp_app_exit(void);
int rp_set_params(rp_app_params_t *p, int len);
int rp_get_params(rp_app_params_t **p);
int rp_get_signals(float ***s, int *sig_num, int *sig_len);
If you want to use the scope code, you could write your own little wrapper with a main() function. In it, call rp_app_init(), then use rp_set_params(), rp_get_params() and rp_get_signals() to achieve what you want your program to do and finally call rp_app_exit().

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie