Connecting fpga in Vivado to server

dedicated to the FPGA topics for all Red Pitaya programmers
vivekh99

Connecting fpga in Vivado to server

Post by vivekh99 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:13 pm

I have currently made a GUI in PyQT5 (the client) and have made a server using C code. The goal is to send input from the GUI to the server, and then the server interfacing with the FPGA to produce a signal that I will read from an oscilloscope (I am using a Red Pitaya as my board). I have currently made the GUI and am able to send data to the server which it successfully receives (while the server running on the red pitaya), however, I am unsure on how to use Vivado 2019.1 to send the data received by the server to a specific input I have created in my block diagram. Im assuming

I have to assign the input pin with one of the red pitaya ports, but unsure where/how to do that in Vivado or in C server.

Basically, can anyone point me in the direction of how to interface my C server code with the input of my block diagram in Vivado.

My red pitaya board is connected to my PC via ethernet and has its own IP address that I use to run its linux server in PuTTY. I run the server in the PuTTY shell using gcc.

What I am trying to do is to load the .bit file generated by Vivado to my Red Pitaya, and then run my server (TCP/IP) in the red pitaya linux shell (using PuTTY). The point being, I want to be able to send data I input from the GUI to the server (which will be running on the red pitaya's linux server) and then that data is sent to an input that was made in my Vivado project which would be on the .bit file (the input) that was loaded to the board.

I know that I will need to create a peripheral to get that addres and then use mmap? in my server to map to its address.

If what Im saying is a unclear or I'm approaching this in the wrong way please let me know.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Connecting fpga in Vivado to server

Post by redpitaya » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Please check out Rashid's tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... la1k7Rz_yx
I hope you find them helpful.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie