Bare metal ethernet / lwip

dedicated to the FPGA topics for all Red Pitaya programmers
sgrad

Bare metal ethernet / lwip

Post by sgrad » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:44 am

Hi,

I am currently trying to get the ethernet connection running on the bare metal ZYNQ with lwip211 (Vivado 2022.1).

However I am seeing strange behavior. Most of the time the ethernet link can not be established in full and gets reset/set constantly. Strange thing is: when I set a breakpoint after initializing lwip and pause execution for a few seconds and resume afterwards, the link can be established.

I also had to set the link speed to permanent 1000Mbit as auto negotiation with the PHY was not possible (stuck infinitely).

Did anyone get ethernet running on bare metal ZYNQ? Any pitfalls to watch out for? What settings did you use for lwip?

Thanks a lot!

estebangc43

Re: Bare metal ethernet / lwip

Post by estebangc43 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:47 am

Same issue! does anyone ever get it working with LWIP baremetal? I guess the issue comes from redpitaya PHY since I had already work with LWIP and ZYNQ several times (PHY MARVELL, realteck and TI) without any problem.
Thanks a lot!

belotserm

Post by belotserm » Fri May 05, 2023 10:17 pm

Have you guys ever found an answer to your lwip problem? It clearly is Red Pitaya - related, not a general Zynq problem, since the same application works just fine on another z7020 board. It is also not the Ethernet PHY itself, because OS-based applications (like Pavel Demin's Alpine image) is able to communicate with the board just fine.

estebangc43

Post by estebangc43 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:25 pm

It is totally a PHY issue. LWIP is normally working with MARVELL PHY. I guess you should develop a RP driver for LWIP implementation. Too much

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie