Event based acquisition using adc_test project

dedicated to the FPGA topics for all Red Pitaya programmers
Kumblesh_01

Event based acquisition using adc_test project

Post by Kumblesh_01 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:29 am

Hi,

I procured a Red Pitaya StemLab 125-10 recently. My target goal is pretty simple, send 32kB ADC data from RP to PC running Ubuntu and repeat the same process after every 1ms, leading to data rate = 31.5MHz. I use adc_test project, removed the cic and filter blocks for running at 125MHz and tested continuous capture with 256kB and it works fine. But when I introduced an input flag to ram writer's code, which initiates the capture every 1ms, the master signals m_axi_wready and m_axi_awready becomes 0 and the OS crashes, I added the block below into else part of the always construct

Code: Select all

always @(posedge aclk)
  begin
    if(~aresetn)
    begin
      int_awvalid_reg <= 1'b0;
      int_wvalid_reg <= 1'b0;
      int_cntr_reg <= 4'd0;
      int_addr_reg <= {(ADDR_WIDTH){1'b0}};
    end
    else
    begin
        if(~flag)
        begin
            int_awvalid_reg <= 1'b0;
            int_wvalid_reg <= 1'b0;
            int_cntr_reg <= 4'd0;
        end
        end
I'm using latest ram_writer code with address width 12, fifo depth 2048. My cma memory is 36M as available by default. I am a beginner in AXI and memory concepts, can you help me identify the source of issue.

pavel

Re: Event based acquisition using adc_test project

Post by pavel » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:59 am

But when I introduced an input flag to ram writer's code, which initiates the capture every 1ms
You do not need to modify the axis_ram_writer module.

The axis_ram_writer module receives data via its AXI4-Stream interface. The s_axis_tvalid signal of this interface should be used to control what data is valid and should be written to RAM.

You need to add a custom Verilog module between the data source and the axis_ram_writer module that would implement the following logic:
  • wait for a trigger
  • send the required number of samples to axis_ram_writer by setting the s_axis_tvalid signal to 1
  • repeat

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie