Lantiq PHY driver for baremetal/standalone

dedicated to the FPGA topics for all Red Pitaya programmers
Andreas80

Lantiq PHY driver for baremetal/standalone

Post by Andreas80 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:43 pm

Hi all,
I'm facing a problem with a baremetal design on a RedPitaya 122-16 acting as a TCP server to stream out data to a PC (client).
After several tests and combinations I'm quite sure that the problem is somehow related to the LwIP library.
The baremetal software is very simple: just one core, simple TCP server sending (in a loop) some bytes set to all zeros.
For some reason, the stream crashed at some point.

My idea is that the Lantiq PHY chip needs to be correctly set in order make the stream work perfectly. As a matter of facts, LwIP does not support Lantiq.

To get rid of this I would like to manually include the driver for the Lantiq into LwIP.
On this post on the RedPitaya's forum viewtopic.php?t=1880 (in particular, look at the last reply to the post) there is a possible code which, by the way, cannot be integrated straightforward as there are some names not suitable for LwIP (it does not compile). After some changes in those names (might be wrong), the compilation went fine.

Nevertheless, after launching the software the speed autonegotiation with Lantiq went fine but the detected speed was wrong (10 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps) and the server seemed not be started as any connection was impossible.

Therefore, do you have any working reference to a baremetal driver for the Lantiq?
Of course, any other suggestion is more than welcome.

Thank you very much!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie