Synchronize Oscilloscope and Generation on external trigger

Discussions about active development projects
KD69

Synchronize Oscilloscope and Generation on external trigger

Post by KD69 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:23 am

Hey,

We are using the Red Pitaya in a project where both the oscilloscope and generator functionalities are required. They also need to be synchronized with a number of other instruments (Generators and scopes), so we are using the external trigger.

I cannot seem to get a normal oscilloscope in sync with the red pitaya output. I am providing the external trigger through a square-wave from an independent AWG, which goes to both the Ext Trigger of the RP (DIO0) and to a trigger source for the oscilloscope. I see the generated signal, but there's always a slow drift (the displayed signal keeps moving in the same direction), as if the triggering rate is just slightly off.

I tried varying the frequency for both the RP generator and the trigger source (AWG), but the drift did not change. This happens both when using the scopegenpro app and the Labview-SCPI interface. Please help, thanks in advance.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Synchronize Oscilloscope and Generation on external trigger

Post by redpitaya » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi there!

now there is app with scope and generator at the same time. Does this work for you?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie