WiFi/Visual Programming issues on latest build

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
makerkatie

WiFi/Visual Programming issues on latest build

Post by makerkatie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Just installed the latest build (Dec 02), and now I'm having issues connecting and I can't get Visual Programming to work anymore.

Here is what I am seeing:

* I have a wireless network card in my RP. I do not use an ethernet cable.

* My RP comes up, and the WIFI IP is assigned 192.168.0.103 (just as before the update). I can point my browser at this correct IP and everything looks normal.

However:

* If I go to the Red Pitaya web site and log in, and click on "My RP", it shows both the correct WIFI IP, plus it now shows the LAN IP as 192.168.1.100 - this is not an address my network would assign, and I don't have a cable plugged into the LAN port.

* When I hit the "Start" button on the My RP page, it tries to take me to 192.168.1.100. This fails, since it isn't a real IP address on my network. Before installing the Dec 02 update, the start button would take me to the WIFI ip address and everything worked.

* If I manually type in the correct IP in my browser (for the wireless card), it works and I can go to Visual Programming. However Visual Programming no longer connects to my RP (says 'no boards online', I'm assuming it is trying to connect on the invalid 192.168.1.100 ip address?)

I found this on github, it looks like the 192.168.1.100 may have been added recently if there is no DCHP server (even if there is no cable?):
https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/issues/42

I'm at about the limit of my network knowledge here, how can I fix/work around this so I can use Visual Programming again?

Nils Roos

Re: WiFi/Visual Programming issues on latest build

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:34 pm

As a stop-gap measure, you could open a console on the Red Pitaya and modify the file /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf . Delete all lines - eg by executing "echo >/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf" - and reboot. This should restore the previous behaviour. Oh, and it's always a good idea to backup files before doing significant changes on them ;O)

I don't have a wifi adapter to test it and I can't use the RP homepage to connect to my devices, but after the reboot the system had forgotten the ...1.100 address, so it should help.

Good luck

makerkatie

Post by makerkatie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 am

Thank you for the quick reply!

The good news is when I log in, it is now showing the correct IP address (it's showing as both the LAN IP and the WIFI IP even though I've only got the WiFi connected), and the Start button now works etc.

The bad news is Visual Programming is still saying 'You have no boards online'... going to start looking in Visual Programming and see if there is anything I can reset etc.

Thank you for your help.
-Katie

makerkatie

Post by makerkatie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:28 am

Fixed it! Found the instructions to configure the board for Visual Programming, had to download a file, now it appears to be working again.

Thanks again,
-Katie

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie