Apps once unlocked are locked again

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
oe1wkl

Apps once unlocked are locked again

Post by oe1wkl » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:33 pm

I got my unlock keys after sharing on Facebook. Fine. I could unlock the apps. Great. Now I updated the OS to the latest build, and when I start RP again, the applications are locked. MY RP on the website still shows them as unlocked, and re-applying the unlock code does not work. So what can I do to have my oscilloscope and my spectrum analyzer again?!

joosts

Re: Apps once unlocked are locked again

Post by joosts » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:45 pm

As far as I have experienced, connecting the device to the internet and then starting the app unlocks it again...

oe1wkl

Post by oe1wkl » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Re-connecting again only works if you stay within the same OS release. I switched back to RC 21, the one I had installed initially, and after re-connecting the apps were unlocked again. Now the question is: how can I update the OS without loosing my apps??
:?

nwerth

Post by nwerth » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:14 pm

I have almost the same situation. Unlocked apps via Facebook shares. Applied unlock codes to my account online. Connect to my board's web UI and nothing is unlocked. Click on "Run" and get redirected to page with instructions for unlocking apps. Tried many different OS builds with no success. Maybe I'll got back to the first OS build I attempted and see if it is magically fixed. Either way, once an app is unlocked, I expect it to remain unlocked regardless of OS build. After digging into it, I think my issue stems from my board failing to retrieve the lic.lic license file, and is a smaller part of a larger problem outlined in the following thread. Worth a look in case you are experiencing any of the other issues identified there.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1104

JP

Post by JP » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Re-connecting again only works if you stay within the same OS release. I switched back to RC 21, the one I had installed initially, and after re-connecting the apps were unlocked again. Now the question is: how can I update the OS without loosing my apps??
unquote

It looks I have the same problem : since I updated the OS I cannot unlock my oscilloscope APP.
Has there been a solution given to this issue ? (I cannot find it in the forum)

redpitaya
Site Admin

No more demo mode!

Post by redpitaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:03 am

Thank you for posting.
Newer builds do not require a license. Since release 0.97 all applications are unlocked by default. Users don’t need to register or apply unlock keys anymore.

To benefit from the new software environment you just need to update the OS image on your SD card.
Here is a step by step tutorial: https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... Dcard.html
Just one warning, please backup first your content or maybe use another SD card for this, as there is one option missing, the visual programming part. This was removed also because less than 1% of customers was using it and we were paying unnecessary licence fees for it.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie