Cannot connect at all - - See no LAN IP Address on MY RP

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
martywittrock

Re: Cannot connect at all - - See no LAN IP Address on MY RP

Post by martywittrock » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Pavel,

I have it all working now...FINALLY!!! When I ran the Serial Port tool in TeraTerm, I was able to see the address of my Red Pitaya as: 192.168.1.9 - - When I used by browser on 192.168.1.9 I FINALLY saw the Red Pitaya screen and was able to download the SDR Transceiver application. I have it all running under OpenHPSDR using HPSDR and Metis formats.

Here was the dump from my Serial Port connection that lead me to the final discovery:

redpitaya> ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:26:32:f0:18:dc
inet addr:192.168.1.9 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:21 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:22 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:5724 (5.5 KiB) TX bytes:2064 (2.0 KiB)
Interrupt:148 Base address:0xb000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1104 (1.0 KiB) TX bytes:1104 (1.0 KiB)

Totally ROCKS now..! I am listening to the 75m band and it sounds WONDERFUL..! The only remaining question I have is: Does the transmit function work on the Red Pitaya for the SDR Transceiver application. I tried transmitting at 3.970 MHz in AM and listened at that frequency on a known good receiver (Yaesu FT-857) and I did not hear a carrier when I transmitted using the TUNE feature. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I have the drive level set to 100 in transmit, too.

Let me know, but I have this running finally...VERY HAPPY NOW with my Red Pitaya running SDR..!!!!

Marty (KN0CK)

pavel

Post by pavel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Great! I'm glad that you can run the Red Pitaya SDR applications.

Since you are planning to use it as a transmitter, installing a cooler fan is highly recommended.

I'm using the following 30x30x15 mm, 5V fan:
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... id=1924852

The transmit function works with PowerSDR mRX and other programs compatible with the HPSDR transceivers.

Here is my PowerSDR configuration:

The TX signal is connected to OUT1.

martywittrock

Post by martywittrock » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Pavel,

Thanks very much for the transmit profile info..! I used it on my Red Pitaya and can hear myself clearly on another radio (Yaesu FT-857) on any HF band I wish to operate. All is working well since I used the Serial Port to determine my underlying LAN IP - I've started and stopped the RP several times and it just comes back every time perfectly with how I have it configured for OpenHPSDR.

I'm half tempted to buy another Red Pitaya as a means to have an interoperable station for show-and-tell purposes. The one I have is working excellent although I know that the transmit is very much QRP and will have to have a driver amplifier to get the signal up to a level that it can drive my station amplifier. I think I'm going to work that next - so stay tuned on that.

I WAS a HackRF enthusiast, but no more...I'm fully impressed with my Red Pitaya and will have a couple of HackRF boards to sell to fund my next Red Pitaya.

Thanks again for all the help and I'll be here now, too, to help the newbies along when they get as stuck as I did...Now I know how to get this running.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

greggdaug

Post by greggdaug » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:21 pm

The PowerSDR mRX utility works great with Pavels implementation. I added an HMC482 gain block to the input and the RP/amp combo is now working as well as my IC751 receiver.

I noticed that the PTT function is mapped to GPIO 1. Are any of the Hermes control functions mapped as well?

I also wish the RP folks would offer a broadband 50ohm input for the high speed ADCs. With under sampling, one could utilize this at higher frequencies due to the LTC2145-14s input bandwidth (750 MHz).

Thanks,

-Gregg WB6YAZ

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie