continuous acquisition and buffer configurations labView

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
NO

continuous acquisition and buffer configurations labView

Post by NO » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi!
I work with red pitaya since a short time and I'd like to acquire a 8 secondes signal (with if it is possible, a better quality than with a decimation of 65536). I saw that some of you found method in C to get around the buffer size and I would like to know if someone has a solution with LabView?
I tried with a loop but, as you can imagine, there is a delay time at each iteration and the signal we obtain is not cotinuous. If we go in the query sub-VI we can see that we can choose a buffer mode. Do you understand to what it correspond? I tried to change it but it makes an error: "The network operation exceeded the user specified or system time limit." (maybe we have to change other parameters too?)
Finally in this VI we can enter number of bytes written, maybe this could help to acquire e better continuous signal (by acquire less each time but acquire faster?)

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english (I'm french)
Noë

flob

Re: continuous acquisition and buffer configurations labView

Post by flob » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:52 am

Hi,
I think Labview RP SCPI lib is very limited when specific tasks are required. Personally I use axi_adc.c (thanks to Nils Roos, see related topic) program which runs on my RP.
This program sends a specified number of samples on 2 UDP sockets. You can use Labview to receive these UDP datagrams.

NO

Post by NO » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 pm

I am going to look that and maybe change my way of programing from labview to C.
Thank you!

thomasliuchang

Post by thomasliuchang » Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi flob,

Thanks for sharing the continuous DAQ program axi_adc.c. I also need to sample data at 125Msps for several millisecond (Within the external memory size). May I ask you whether the axi_adc.c can be used to do that?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Chang

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Mon May 02, 2016 11:58 pm

The default buffer size for each channel is 8MSamples in the AXI ADC solution. That's enough to store 67ms worth of samples at 125MHz.

thomasliuchang

Post by thomasliuchang » Tue May 03, 2016 7:16 am

Hi Nils,

Thanks a lot! I will have a try.

chang

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie